Volunteer with us
Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community. It is also a useful way to get yourself on the career ladder especially in organisations, such as the International Academy of Greenwich, which are small but expanding. We opened in September 2016 with 95 Year 7 students (11/12 years old) in our school and a few paid staff but, when we are full, we will have 875 children and many more staff!
The International Academy of Greenwich prides itself on embracing diversity and promoting equality. We welcome applications for volunteering regardless of age, gender, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability or religious belief. Safer recruitment practices are followed and any subsequent appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check. All positions are term time only; our term dates are available here. Please note we only accept applications online.
IAG can offer you the opportunity to get involved in the educational framework in many many ways; contact us at email@example.com for more information on opportunities including teaching a language or to share your expertise in any of the areas below. Please state whether you require an application form and indicate the position and date/time slot(s) you are interested in.
The opportunities below are available at the following times:
Mondays 4.00 – 5.00 weekly; Tuesdays 8.40 – 9.40 and/or 3.00 – 4.00 and/or 4.00 – 5.00 weekly; Wednesdays 8.40 – 9.40 and/or 4.00- 5.00 weekly; Thursdays 4.00 – 5.00 weekly; Fridays 11.00 – 12.00 and/or 12.00 – 1.00 and/or 4.00 – 5.00 weekly.
- English support tutors including phonics specialists
- Dyslexia tutors
- Handwriting tutors
- Public Speaking/ Debating tutors
- Journalists/ bloggers
- Book authors/ publishers
- Maths support tutors
- Maths tutors for gifted and talented students
- Computing tutors
- Chess players
- Chemistry tutors
- Astronomy tutors
- Human Biology tutors
- History tutors
- Antiques experts
- Islamic Studies tutors
- Mentors from industry e.g. medicine, car engineering, law, architecture etc.
- Boat builders
- Product Design tutors or “Makers”
- Film/animation tutors
- Graphic designers
- Art and craft tutors
- Textiles tutors
- Cooking club providers
- Social entrepreneurs
- Sports coaches – gymnastics, athletics, martial arts, swimming, basketball, football, cricket, tennis, rugby, volleyball, handball, hockey, fishing, fencing, benchball, skiing, golf, rock climbing, hiking, camping, cross country, netball, badminton, yoga, rounders, cycling, sailing, canoeing, archery, table tennis, dodgeball, parkour, trampolining, cadets, keep fit, horseriding
- Instrumental tutors – violin, piano, guitar, trumpet, drums, cello, trombone, saxophone, clarinet, recorder, harmonica
- Singing tutors
- String music ensemble tutors
- Brass music ensemble tutors
- Rock Band tutors
- Jazz musicians
- Music Technology musicians
- Capoeira dancers
- Eurythmy tutors
- Counsellors (own supervision arrangements required)
Support staff volunteering opportunities
We also have volunteering opportunities in the following areas:
- Office Administration
- General teaching assistant/ technician support
- Midday supervision
- Premises work
If you are interested in applying for any of these opportunities, please send an email with the subject heading VOLUNTEERING to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an application form and indicating the position and date/time slot(s) you are interested in.